Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wow, where is the time going?

Yikes, a whole week since I last blogged. Well, activity has slowed down quite a bit. I actually managed to stay out of Home Goods and Target last week :-) I am a bit overwhelmed with everything that is left to do, however.

I've been slowly trying to put everything back together and put away, but it is difficult. Most nights, I am now cooking dinner as before, and I am trying to get the usual life things done - grocery shopping, laundry, etc. That doesn't leave me much time or energy for even emptying a bin.

On Friday I worked from home because Gwen was sick. Between meetings, I made a list of things that had to be done - it number 21, and that wasn't without a lot of the sublists. I was able to check off some items after this weekend, but there is still SO much to do, I could work for a week straight and not have it all done. But, I would have a good dent in it, and that would feel good!

On top of all this - school is starting next Tuesday for Russell and Tess, and that is stressing me out because I'd like to be a lot more organized before it starts. I have tried to prioritize what has to get done vs. what can be done later, but it's still a lot.

It's all coming along, though - I got the china unpacked and the liquor cabinet organized (high priority!). Each bit feels good. I'm definitely running out of space, though, and that is concerning me. I have 1 more full bin of bottles and boxes - Worcester sauce, vinegars, corn starch, vanilla, etc. I don't know where it is going to go. The 2 12" wall cabinets on either side of the oven are not big enough for all I want to store there. I may have to do some more rearranging, but I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment