Sunday, August 2, 2009

Five doors and a colonnade

This will be a short post - I am beat to a snot. I have been on a painting marathon - going on about 18 hours now, so that's heartbreak hill, right? I really thought I could do it, but I think I am going to have to throw in the paint brush for the day.

It's the damn hall way - it has five doors and the colonnade - it took me 2+ hours just to cut it in, and another hour to apply the first coat. After that, I did a first coat of some of the trim in the kitchen. Then I poly'd the woodwork I stained yesterday, then I gave the grommets and 2nd coat of Waterlox. Then I painted the colonnade trim (first coat). Then I finally started the 2nd coat of the living room and hall paint - that was about 8, and now it's 10:30, and I'm not even half way around the hallway. I really wanted to finish and clean up everything so that I wouldn't have to think about it again once my appliances were all in, but even if I stayed up to 1 AM, I still wouldn't be finished. So, I'll just finish the wall I am on and clean up - which will take an hour itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment